At Lootybag we are committed to keeping your data private and secure in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation GDPR. We will process your data lawfully, honestly and in a transparent manner.
This policy outlines what data we collect, how we use it, how we secure it and what your legal rights are.
What we collect
When you place an order with us we may collect the following personal information:
- contact information: billing and delivery addresses, email address, telephone number, IP address
- your correspondence emails
- any personal data shared using Twitter, facebook
- Our website is not intended for use by children. We do not knowingly collect data on children
What we do with the personal information we gather
We only use this information to process and deliver your order, or deal with any queries you have related to that order, and for legal / tax obligations
In detail we require this information to:
- process and dispatch your order
- to manage any account held with us by you
- to verify your identity
- we will send an order confirmation email and a shipping notification email when item is shipped.
- we may contact you once by email for ask if you would write a review on the product you have bought.
- we do not send any other emails e.g marketing or special offers
- for crime, fraud prevention and related purposes
- carry out our legal obligation by law for a dispute or investigation by a public authority to prevent and detect crime
- we may use the information to develop and improve our products and services.
- we do not sell, distribute or rent data to any organisation.or business
- to fulfil orders information may be shared with service providers i.e. web developer Pink Digital, PayPal and delivery companies (Royal Mail or MyHermes) who have been check that they conform to GDRP and apply suitable data protection and security.
We are committed to ensuring that your personal data is safe and secure.
To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and internal procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
Access to personal Information
You can request to ask what personal data that we hold about you at any time and to have any inaccuracies in the data rectified. I retain personal data related to orders for six years for tax, legal and product guarantee purposes.
You can request to have your data deleted to prevent future use of your data by us or any delivery couriers we have shared your details with. Email your requests to Terry email@example.com
Legal basis for processing personal Information
Lootybag collects personal information because it is a legitimate interest necessary for:
- selling and supplying goods
- to fulfil orders once purchased
- understanding customer requirements
- improving existing products and services
- processing customer queries
- legal obligations
What are cookies
Some cookies collect information about browsing and purchasing behavior when you access our website via the same computer or device. This includes information about pages viewed, products bought and your journey around the website.
What are cookies designed for?
The main purposes for which cookies are used are;
For technical purposes essential to effective operation online transactions and site navigation on our website.
To enable browsing and shopping patterns on our website
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Changes to this privacy notice
This Private Policy is reviewed regularly and may be updated. Last updated 20 April 2018